Massage therapy helps you by creating a ‘A Healthier You’!
Welcome to GTA Rehab Solutions Massage Therapy! We provide the ultimate relaxation and healthier you, GTA Rehab Solutions Massage Therapy’s team of registered massage therapists are here to provide to you a relaxing atmosphere and a wealth of knowledge. Our team of massage therapists are among the most talented and experienced in the industry. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of massage therapy and strive to educate our clientele that may have to deal with either chronic pain, muscle tears or are just looking for a relaxation massage to ease stress.
GTA Rehab Solutions Massage Therapy provides many different techniques that our highly qualified team utilizes when we work one on one with you. We only want provide the best treatment according to your ailments. As a customer of Massage Therapy we want to see you live better and stress free, contact us today if you are looking to: improve circulation, joint range-of-motion or even flexibility. Massage therapy can reduce many common ailments such as stress, muscle tightness, aches and pains, well as anxiety and depression!
Our services range from: Swedish Massage, TMJ Massage, Pregnancy Massage to Deep Tissue Massage.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.
About Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a form of bodywork that is used to improve function within the body. By using their hands in a variety of different techniques, massage therapists manipulate the soft tissues in the body to promote relaxation and improved circulation. Massage therapy is also used to promote general health and wellbeing in the client, and to prevent future medical issues.
What is the history of massage therapy?
Massage is one of the oldest forms of health care available today. Manuscripts and artwork from all over the world have shown people being massaged. Alternative health systems such as Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine used massage to treat injuries and disease. Hippocrates once wrote, “The physician must be experienced in many things, but most assuredly in rubbing.”
Massage as a modern therapeutic practice was established by a Swedish gymnast in the 19th century. Per Hendrik Ling developed a system known as Swedish Massage that has remained one of the most popular techniques available today.
There are dozens of massage techniques today that are used for a variety of different conditions and problems. Massage therapy is one of the leading alternative health practices used in the Western world today.
What are the principles of massage therapy?
Massage therapy is one of the simplest healthcare practices available, and essentially stimulates the body’s natural healing abilities through stroking, kneading and hitting the body with an understanding of the principles of human anatomy.
All massage techniques involve touch, which is an important sensation linked to comfort, love and emotion. Children and young animals require touching, stroking and rubbing to thrive and grow, and touch has been linked to stress-relief and relaxation in adults as well.
When a soothing touch is applied to the skin, messages are sent to the brain to relax the body and release endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers. Rubbing the muscles and tissues of the body also help to work out any stiffness or tension that is stored in the body to improve flexibility and movement.
Massage is also useful for stimulating the lymphatic system to boost the immune system and get rid of toxins in the body.
Are there different types of massage?
There are many different types of massage. Massage encompasses anything from rubbing out a sore muscle in your neck to seeing a therapist for a specific condition. Some of the common massage therapy practices available in the United States are:
- Swedish Massage is the most common form of massage therapy in the United States. It is a very relaxing form of massage that uses long, gentle kneading strokes to improve circulation and to reduce stress.
- Shiatsu is a Japanese form of bodywork that stimulates the same meridians used by acupuncturists by pressing and holding certain pressure points for a few seconds to increase the flow of qi in the body. It is often used for relaxation, back pain, headaches, stress-relief and recovery from injuries.
- Deep Tissue Massage is directed at the deeper connective tissue in the body by using slower, harder strokes to release very tight or tense muscles, postural problems or recovery from injuries.
- Thai Massage is similar to Shiatsu in that the therapist will apply pressure to specific points on the body to promote the flow of energy throughout the body. The therapist will move you around in a number of different postures to stretch the body. It is said to be one of the most energizing massage techniques.
- Hot Stone Massage is a gentle form of massage that uses heated stones placed on the body to warm the body and loosen tight muscles. Hot Stone Massage is often used for muscle tension, back pain, stress-relief and insomnia.
- Aromatherapy Massage uses the techniques of Swedish Massage combined with the principles of aromatherapy. Therapists use oils scented with concentrations of plant essences such as lavender to further promote relaxation.
- Sports Massage is used for active, athletic people, particularly professional athletes. The focus is less on relaxation, and more on injury prevention and treatment, stretching and flexibility.
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
Massage therapy is most commonly used for relaxation and stress-related issues, muscle and joint pain, high blood pressure, depression and digestive problems. Many athletes also use massage therapy to keep their bodies in peak conditions.
There are many conditions that can be safely and effectively treated with massage therapy, including the following;
Tennis/ Golfer’s Elbow,
Degenerative Disk Disease,
Muscle Spasms and Tension,
and many more…
Contact us now and get Massage Therapy started in the convenience of your home/office/retirement home or Nursing home.